C# App Access denied
Posted by: Herbert Schulz
Date: November 30, 2020 07:01AM

Hi,

I have a strange behavior in C# with mariadb.

Short description of my problem:

My C#-Application can not connect to mariadb database on LINUX:

Authentication to host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.83' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password'failed with message: Access denied for user 'root'@'dbserver.xx.yy' (using password:YES)

When I use MySQL-Workbench on the same computer, I can connect to the database with the same credentials so it is proably not a problem with privileges.

Long description:

I have two servers "P" (productive) and "T" (test)

"T" is a clone of "P"

Connection-String for "P": Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.82;Uid=root;Pwd=secret;Database=some_db
Connection-String for "T": Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.83;Uid=root;Pwd=secret;Database=some_db

When I connect to "P" anything works well:
Connection is opened
SQL-Statement is executed successful

When I connect with my C# application to "T" on my application server (Windows Server 2016)
I get the following error message:

Authentication to host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.83' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password'
failed with message: Access denied for user 'root'@'dbserver.xx.yy' (using password:YES)

When I connect from another client PC the application works as designed.
When I use MySQL Workbench on the server, I can connect without any problems.

The connection problem occured some weeks ago and I have no idea why the connection is only not working when I use my C# application on my application server.

I think it is no privileges problem because I can connect to the dabatase with MySQLWorkbench and it could not be a problem with a firewall because I can communicate with another client.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
C# App Access denied
November 30, 2020 07:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.