MySQL .net core memory usage
Posted by: Andrew Sillifant
Date: February 07, 2021 10:31AM

Hi there ,

I seem to having an issue with the .net 5 .net connctor for MySQL. Memory usage is growing in an exponential fashion.

Operating system and version - Windows Server 2019 (Both the client system and MySQL server)

Connector/NET version - v4.5.2. Installed directly with the MySqlConnector NET 8.0.23.

MySQL server version - 8.0.22

Copies of error messages or other unexpected output - Expected around 1GB of memory usage - previously with oracle database 19c the exact same C# code (for oracle specific DDL and DML) yeilded this value.

My application is a database loader , taking string data and inserting it into a range of tables

The connection string is built as follows :

public override dynamic GetConnection()
{
string _connectionString;
_connectionString = "server=" + _hostname + ";port=" + _port + ";user id=" + _userName + "; password=" + _password + ";database=" + _databaseName;
MySqlConnection connection = new MySqlConnection(_connectionString);
return connection;
}

Thanks in advance - I would add a screenshot of the memory usage but dont know how to do that.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL .net core memory usage
February 07, 2021 10:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.