NonRegisteringDriver illegally accessing "protected" member of class com/mysql/jdbc/ConnectionImpl
Posted by: Konstantinos Mavroudakis
Date: November 11, 2014 08:50AM

Hello,

I use MySQL Connector/J 5.1.33 and my setup is Websphere 8.5.5.0 and mysql on Windows 7 test machine (localhost).
Inside websphere, I set the property url to "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test" and I use JAAS/J2C for authentication.

While trying to setup a mysql jdbc provider/data source in websphere, I am getting the following strange error:

[11/11/2014 15:25:36:179 EET] 00000136 DataSourceCon E DSRA8040I: Failed to connect to the DataSource. Encountered "": java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Class com/mysql/jdbc/NonRegisteringDriver illegally accessing "protected" member of class com/mysql/jdbc/ConnectionImpl
at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:325)
at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:422)
at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:134)
at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:105)
at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource.java:48)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigHelper$1.run(DSConfigHelper.java:1266)
at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAs(ContextManagerImpl.java:5474)
at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAsSystem(ContextManagerImpl.java:5600)
at com.ibm.ws.security.core.SecurityContext.runAsSystem(SecurityContext.java:255)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.spi.ServerFunction$6.run(ServerFunction.java:567)

[11/11/2014 15:25:36:185 EET] 00000136 MBeanHelper E Could not invoke an operation on object: WebSphere:name=DataSourceCfgHelper,process=server1,platform=dynamicproxy,node=2787w51Node01,version=8.5.5.3,type=DataSourceCfgHelper,mbeanIdentifier=DataSourceCfgHelper,cell=2787w51Node01Cell,spec=1.0 because of an mbean exception: java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Class com/mysql/jdbc/NonRegisteringDriver illegally accessing "protected" member of class com/mysql/jdbc/ConnectionImpl

Diging to some mysql source code that I found in the internet I saw inside NonRegisteringDriver.java a call:
Connection newConn = com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(
285 host(props), port(props), props, database(props), url);

This getInctance is a actually "protected" method...

Is this realy a bug or there is something else that I cannot figure out of? Could you please help?

Please note that I created a java jdbc source program and it connects successfully to the specific mysql server using the same connector/J.

Best regards,

Konstantinos

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.