Re: A 'max_allowed_packet' Exception
Posted by: Smith Owen
Date: April 01, 2015 06:55AM

Thanks Alexander.
My running environment is a GNU Linux 64 bits, MySQL5.6.19, ActiveMQ5.11.1. The MySQL is installed through rpm and basicly with the default setup.

One of the problems I mentioned before has been resolved this afternoon. I set the 'max_allowed_packet' of '[client]' to 100M in '/etc/my.cnf' and it worked, the 'SELECT' statement did not report any exceptions.

However, the first problem still exist. The MQ still report a ERROR like 'Packet for query is too large (1550606 > 1048576). You can change this value on the server by setting the max_allowed_packet variable.’. There are serval things to sure. First, the MQ is relied on the MySQL run into the question, because the MQ report can not connect to the MySQL when I stoped the MySQL. Second, the 'max_allowed_packet' value of target database is 100M, which I checked through 'show VARIABLES like '%max_allowed_packet%'', 'mysql --help' and the '/etc/my.cnf'. That means the '/etc/my.cnf' do not be covered, is that right? What makes me real confused is that where is the restriction 1048576==1M came from?????? I believe there is no such a value at all.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: A 'max_allowed_packet' Exception
April 01, 2015 06:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.