New to mySQL - need advice on connecting to a standalone server remotely
Posted by: Narendra V
Date: February 09, 2018 01:34PM

Hi Group. I have recently installed MySQL Community Full version with Server version 5.7 and Workbench 6.3 in order to start learning MySQL out of necessity at work (I do not have any background in this at all). So, please bear with me if I ask any rudimentary questions.

Now, I have successfully managed to set up a "standalone mysql server/ classical mysql replication" version on my work laptop instead of Sandbox InnoDB cluster and have even created multiple tables by importing data from Excel.

However, when I tried to connect to MySQL instance from Google Sheets by using a JDBC string such as "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/?user=****" I am getting the message that this DB does not exist even when I am giving the table address.

I have tried everything I could find and understand when I searched on Google with no success. Have read somewhere in this forum that giving "localhost" as host name is not going to work as it only points to the local system.

Can anyone please explain how I can solve in as simple terms as you can? Would really appreciate any help I can get.

Regards,
Narendra V.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
New to mySQL - need advice on connecting to a standalone server remotely
February 09, 2018 01:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.