ServerTImeZone EDT Issue
Posted by: Vikram Sethi
Date: September 06, 2019 09:24PM

Hi, I work on a project where a team member is getting the following error message when attempting to do a gradle flywayClean.

We are upgrading the MySQL Connector Java from version 5.1.38 to 8.0.17. I have made the change in the gradle build file to download the latest jar and set the following properties in the properties file:

DB_DRIVER=com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver
DB_URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sr?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8&serverTimezone=UTC

This works for me and another team member but not for her. She is still getting the following error. Please help. Thank you.

Configure project :
Running gradle version: 4.10.2

Task :Core:flywayClean FAILED
Loading class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':Core:flywayClean'.
Error occurred while executing flywayClean
Unable to obtain Jdbc connection from DataSource (jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/) for user 'smart_response_app': The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.`

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ServerTImeZone EDT Issue
September 06, 2019 09:24PM
September 10, 2019 06:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.