Re: How could MySql Driver have this problem?
Posted by: v d
Date: December 23, 2004 09:38AM

Thank you for the reply. I did read the full bug report. I got some good insight into the matter. Here's some examples of my cases:

* With regard to the updatable resultset, some scenario such as this: I need to read a whole table, 1 record at a time, and do transformation/processing on the record, and then put back a result (such as a number, yes/no, etc).

* With readonly/forward only/fetch size of Integer.MIN_VALUE for streaming, it does not allow another query on the same table or same connections. The connection part, I suppose I can easily create another one. However, with respect to query/update on the same table, this is a real issue. For example, I have 1 read only/forward only query on a table. Next, I have another updatable query on the same table (with different set of records). I want to update the 2nd resultset, but this cannot be done because of this limitation. I have to look more closely on this to see if there is any alternative, but the design/algorithm/requirement for this problem wasn't done by me.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: How could MySql Driver have this problem?
v d
December 23, 2004 09:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.