MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Node.js

Re: Comments: Jon Stephens - Using XML in MySQL 5.1 and 6.0
Posted by: Pravin Gundawar
Date: January 02, 2008 11:59PM

Hi Jon,
In PHP when I fetch more data from mysql the php's script allocated memory is exausted (I need to set ini to increase memory), increasing max limit is not a proper solution. while fetching from mysql the resultset accupyies memory at the same time if I am using some xml out of it also accupies memory. I use to fetch the data in diff resultset, use some resource variable try to use the data and frees the memory using mysql_free_result() in a loop, but the dynamic memory that is allocated to current resource doesn't get freed and even though in a loop if u use same variable to hold the result it allocates new memory(I am talking about php's script memory). So if there is any way if a mysql script like stored procedure will fetch data put it in xml file in a global space and then using php we can use that and close the file (if it is possible this my question). In this way we can save the memory and fetch the bundle of data in a loop. This always a problem if you are woking on reports in php that fetches the big data mysql.
Please refer http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-php-v521/ for complete understanding of my query.
Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.