MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Node.js

Has anyone managed to get lib_mysqludf_xql working under Windows?
Posted by: Tony White
Date: November 12, 2009 11:33AM

Hi,

I have been wrestling with the above for a couple of days now, and wondered if anyone else had managed to get it to work.

I have mysql 5.1.40 and 5.0.36 running under windows 2003. I have set up the plugin directory and moved the lib_mysqludf_xql.dll as well as the 2 libxml2 dlls into that directory (yes, I have also tried the bin directory).

Whenever I try and install the plugin using install plugin lib_mysqludf_xql soname 'lib_mysqludf_xql.dll' I get a " Can't open shared library 'C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL 5.1.40 Enterprise/lib/plugin/lib_mysqludf_xql.dll' (errno: 2 )" error. The path it is showing is correct.

I have looked everywhere - I even came across a blog (by Roland Bouman http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql_i_s_plugins_part1-2.html) which stated that "Currently, plug-ins are not supported on Microsoft Windows". This was 2006, mind you.

I'm not trying to do rocket science here - just get the thing to install. I have seen various posts about the plugins dir having a bug in the path - but the path I am seeing is the right one - show variables like '%plugin%'; gives " plugin_dir | C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL 5.1.40 Enterprise/lib/plugin"

I have relaxed the permissions on that folder so that anyone has full permissions over it - I have to admit being well and truly stuck....

Anyone who has successfully installed this plugin - please help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2009 11:33AM by Tony White.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Has anyone managed to get lib_mysqludf_xql working under Windows?
November 12, 2009 11:33AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.