MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Node.js

Pulling BIGINT from database seems to ADD to the value without cause
Posted by: William Pope
Date: February 07, 2018 03:51PM

I am having some issues. IT is bugging me because if I can;t fix this my bot (for discord) is put on a permanent hold.

My problem: I am pulling a quite a large number from the database (discord User id, that I store upon registering). IF you have used discord, you know that those IDs are quite long. However, if I use a DB query, try to pull that number OUT of the database, it will increase the value by x amount per person. For me it is 4, for another it is like 100 or so. I am not adding to that value in my code, I have tried several times, in different commands, but it increases across the board.

The weird thing is: If I test against it, without actually using it, it works fine. For example if I do (if (author.id === db.id)) it will work, but if I use it for basically anything else, the value craps out and gets added to. Pulling from database, adds. Comparing works fine.

Also, I am new to this page, so I don't know if I can post code, however I can post the stackover fl https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48658904/discord-js-adding-to-a-an-id-pulled-from-a-dataow post I posted been there for a day now. No one seems to know the answer.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Pulling BIGINT from database seems to ADD to the value without cause
February 07, 2018 03:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.