MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Delphi

Re: Networking with Delphi6, SqlDirect, MySQL 5.0 on WXP
Posted by: John Barrington
Date: November 09, 2009 07:02AM

Hi

I am still worrying this bone. There have bee a few developments and I will restate my problem to include those developments.

I am trying to get a Delphi 6 generated application resident on an XP (prev stated NT in error) box (jb1 the 'server') run from a W2k box (jb2 the client) to access (read & write records) on a MySQL 5.0 database resident on the server box. I use SQLDirect as a server interface.

When I run the application from jb2, having disabled Dr Watson I get the following error messages:

1)  The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at 0x7c4ea4e1
and
2)  Exception ESDMySQLError in module gglpamf.exe at 00119F5C Error 2003 Can't connect to MySQL server on local host (10061).

MySQLAdministrator server information page sees the server as 127.0.0.1 (localhost) and the client as 10.0.0.253 (jb1) meanwhile I have been thinking of jb1 as the server machine and 10.0.0.249 (jb2) as the client. 

The program runs perfectly when run from jb1 (or is it perhaps from localhost?). Both Localhost and jb1 reside on the same XP box so I am a little confused as to what is happening there, but evrything works.

Basic networking between jb1 and jb2 also work. I can run a D6 genned program resident on jb1 fom jb2 to access (read and write) to a file (parms.ini) resident on jb1.

At the moment I'm prety much flummoxed by this and would appreciate any ideas about why I cannot connect to the MySQL Server (on localhost).

Thanks,

John.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Networking with Delphi6, SqlDirect, MySQL 5.0 on WXP
November 09, 2009 07:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.