MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Delphi

Computer Disk Usage
Posted by: Jim Sawyer
Date: October 23, 2020 04:02PM

I have a written a program (Delphi 10.2, MySQL 8.021) in which I justed added the capability to selectively archive very old data into tables of identical structure. I ran that feature overnight during which it moved about a half million records in four tables, and of course the computer is running flat out during the process. This morning when I discontinued the process, the disk usage on the computer stayed at near 100%. I eventually shut the computer down and restarted it, but the disk light stayed on constantly for hours and that made everything else so slow that it was useless to try to use it. Then finally after about six hours it started acting normal again. I think this must be MySQL related, and wondered if anyone has any insight into what might have been going on. I've also experienced, when importing data into some of my client's computers, onetime the process might take a half hour and the next might take 12 hours. That would make restoring data, should the need arise, a very serious process if it shut down the system for a whole day. Any help in understanding what is going on would be appreciated.

Jim Sawyer

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Computer Disk Usage
October 23, 2020 04:02PM
February 25, 2021 09:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.