MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Python

Embedding MySQL 5.1 in Python app on Windows
Posted by: David Woods
Date: November 05, 2008 03:21PM

I'm trying to get embedded MySQL working with my Python application.

I'm using Python 2.5.2, MySQL for Python 1.2.2, and MySQL 5.1.29. When I try to compile this combination using the embedded option with the dynamic library, I get the following link errors:

_mysql.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__strncpy referenced in function __mysql_row_to_dict
_mysql.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__strncat referenced in function __mysql_row_to_dict
_mysql.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__sprintf referenced in function __mysql_ConnectionObject_repr
LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __DllMainCRTStartup@12
build\lib.win32-2.5\_mysql.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

If I try it with the static library, I get:

mysqld.lib(lib_sql.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PeekMessageA@20 referenced in function _handle_shutdown
mysqld.lib(thr_alarm.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__PeekMessageA@20
mysqld.lib(thr_alarm.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetTimer@16 referenced in function _thr_alarm
mysqld.lib(thr_alarm.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__KillTimer@8 referenced in function _thr_got_alarm
build\lib.win32-2.5\_mysql.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

I'm now stuck. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I got everything working a couple of years ago with MySQL 4.0.25 on Windows (as well as 4.1.?? on the Mac) and Python 2.4, but I really need to upgrade my development tools at this point. This, of course, is contingent upon being able to get embedded MySQL working.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Embedding MySQL 5.1 in Python app on Windows
November 05, 2008 03:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.