MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit
Posted by: Chana Rossman
Date: September 18, 2007 10:40AM

*** Problem
I am getting an error (Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit ) while using Perl cgi script that accesses a MYSQL database. Database access occurs but is extremely slow. Any suggestions???

***Environment
Win 2003 running IIS
MySql 5.1 Community Server (revision 5 version 8 subverstion 8) Beta
Connector ODBC-3.51.20
Active State Perl v5.8.8

***Additional notes
Perl scripts that do not need to access a database are fine. Problems only occur when database connection is made. I can currently pull info from the database, but a long pause occurs while the script executes and ends with the error in my_thread_global_end message. I am using ODBC rather than DBI.

I am currently using the latest beta release of MySQL. (This was at the suggestion of online posts for Php systems encountering the same error. I could not find many references to Perl systems with this error message.) It seems to be an improvement over the stable version as I can at least pull data from the database.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit
September 18, 2007 10:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.