MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Can insert but not select
Posted by: eric preece
Date: January 03, 2009 12:19AM

Hi all,

I am having issues with a bit of perl/mysql. I have a db with a dozen or so tables. I have a perl script moving some unstructured data into that db.

My script can login no problem. It can perform all tasks I need it to (insert, select, update, etc, etc) on all tables but two. On those two tables the script can not perform a select. The script gets to the select and just hangs there waiting. I get no error.

I can perform selects just fine from either the command line or myphpadmin page on the tables in question. I just can't do a select from my perl script. And only on two specific tables in the db.

The user I have assigned to my script has global permissions to do anything it pleases.

Any ideas why a script would be unable to execute a select but have no issues with other commands on the same table?

Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can insert but not select
January 03, 2009 12:19AM
January 03, 2009 12:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.