MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Re: Problem Connecting to Server with Perl
Posted by: Eric Robertson
Date: September 08, 2010 01:25AM

Hi Randy

Many thanks for your comments.

MAMP hides all the initialisation files in its front end. For example you change the Hosts file in their GUI rather than open up the actual file. I couldn't see a link to the my.ini file and I tried a search in Terminal but didn't come up with anything. I have misread your comments in the earlier post about this - I see now that it's the bind-address entry rather than the connection string that I need to change if it's pointing to localhost. I'll try again to locate this file - I presume it'll be buried in MAMP somewhere.

I did find that I was using the incorrect password when trying to access the database and have now corrected this but I'm getting the same error message. I have access to the permissions using phpMyAdmin, via MAMP, and had set the IP address as localhost.

Yes, since I posted this message I've uploaded my code to the live server and successfully accessed the db there using the same connection string. However this makes it much more difficult to debug my Perl code so I do need to be able to test on my own server. I'll see if a change in my.ini makes any difference, assuming I find this file!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Problem Connecting to Server with Perl
September 08, 2010 01:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.