MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

DBD-mysql installation failure
Posted by: Milton Spain
Date: September 13, 2013 11:33AM

I’m having a problem installing DBD-mysql so I can use PERL cgi scripts to communicate with the MySQL database I’ve just installed on a Microsoft Server 2003. I’ve had PERL installed and operational for several years in conjunction with one of my websites. Now I need a new and potentially large database, hence the MySQL. I’ve logged into the server as administrator and followed the instructions to use run, cmd and ppm to open the ppm. That happens just fine, but instead of getting an opportunity to type in “install DBD-mysql, I’m given a window where I can select available modules, etc. or those already installed. After highlighting DBD-mysql I click on file and then “Install The Selected Item” etc. Then I get a Error 401 – Authorization Required message. Why? What authorization is required since I am logged in as the administrator.

Any assistance that you can provide will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

Milt Spain

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
DBD-mysql installation failure
September 13, 2013 11:33AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.