MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Perl performance with mysql
Posted by: James Barton
Date: January 27, 2020 06:49PM

I am far from an expert, knowledgable enough only to get myself into trouble usually. But here is my situation.

I have a perl script that I've written and it's running fine on a Windows 2012 server with Active State Perl 5.16.1 and a mysql server v5.5.28 and has been running fine for years. A data query completes in less than a second and the web interface is very responsive.

I upgraded computers and moved this to a Windows 10 machine that's much faster.

On the new server, a database query takes about 45-55 seconds to complete. Does not time-out but takes forever to complete. Static pages load fine. I'm able to access the mysql database using Heidisql quickly as well.

I installed the latest version of Active State Perl, then Strawberry Perl, the latest version of mySql server and then the v5.5.28 mysql server

When I point the perl script from the new server to the old server running mysql, it still takes forever to complete so I think it's a perl problem but not really a coding problem but maybe a dbi:mysql installation problem?

When I installed Perl (both Active State and Strawberry) neither came with DBI:MYSQL working, I had to copy copy C:\strawberry\c\bin\libmysql_.dll to C:\strawberry\perl\vendor\lib\auto\DBD\mysql\libmysql_.dll to get connected at all.

I've found online that a Microsoft update changed the locations theat DLL's are searched for which is why that file was moved. But the program still runs very slowly against the new database and old.

I've added the DBI:MYSQL module to the active state download but it does not connect properly as installed.

I'm really at a loss and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Perl performance with mysql
January 27, 2020 06:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.