MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Inserting multiple lines into table
Posted by: Colin Ulin
Date: June 26, 2008 02:51AM

I hope this makes since because I am very confused right now about what I am asking:
I have a website that is for bands to upload and post there songs and such. Right now I am working on the part where you fill out the information for your album to be viewed. So first you have to understand how my table is layed out:
id ¦ album ¦ artist ¦ track ¦ length

So on the page that a user will fill out in order to post there data there will be forms for each of these variables. BUT! There is 5 forms for the track variable because I am expecting people to be uploading entire albums rather than single songs. Now what needs to happen is PHP needs to create 5 lines of data (maybe more or less depending on the size of the album) for the tracks. I don't know if it is a problem but each track form has to have the same value in order for it to correspond to the right place on the MySQL table.

Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Inserting multiple lines into table
June 26, 2008 02:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.