MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

PHP5 - MySQL 4 charset problem
Posted by: T. Jurczak
Date: October 05, 2005 03:18AM

Hello!

I have Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.0.5 and MySQL 4.1 running on Win XP (sp2). The charset I want to use in my application is ISO-8859-7 (greek). When I execute an "insert" or "select" query directly from the command line (mysql), data are displayed correctly. But when I try to insert a record or display data through PHP, characters are displayed like this: ??????
I have tried the following, without being able to solve the problem.

I have changed the default character set in php.ini to ISO-8859-7.
I have changed the character_set_connection, character_set_client and character_set_results to greek (in mysql). Database charset and collate are greek and greek_general_ci.

When I displayed charset with mysqli_character_set_name($link), I found out that charset is latin1_swedish_ci, although I have changed it (I have never used swedish)! Windows regional settings are ok. When I display the content of a file or a single string through php, greek characters are displayed correctly.

This problem never occured with previous versions of PHP and MySQL.

Any ideas?

Thank you. :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
PHP5 - MySQL 4 charset problem
October 05, 2005 03:18AM
October 19, 2005 12:14PM
October 20, 2005 02:37AM
December 01, 2005 11:29AM
April 03, 2006 05:54AM
April 04, 2006 04:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.