MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Prepared statement (php/mysqli) ...does it really make sense ?
Posted by: kapil_israni
Date: November 04, 2005 02:31AM

I am a Java/J2EE developer and am considering PHP/MySQL for a project, so I am looking at the whole php/MySQL architecture. And one question that i wanted to know is how does prepared statement really benefit in case of mysqli when theres no connection pooling(in msqli).

I mean unless you call the same query against the same connection object/link multiple times, I dont see how prepared statement is of much use(specially in terms of efficiency). In fact the prepared statement might end up being slower??

Also, another quick question(on server-side prepare statement)...i wanted to know...if with mysql 4.1+/mysqli - all resultsets are of type MYSQLI_STORE_RESULT and not MYSQLI_USE_RESULT. Basically if i use a "prepare statement" to execute a SELECT query, does all data gets buffered to the client by default ?? Is there a way switch this behavior off ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Prepared statement (php/mysqli) ...does it really make sense ?
November 04, 2005 02:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.