MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Help: Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user
Posted by: Ben James
Date: August 05, 2013 05:28AM

I am creating a website in Adobe Dreamweaver CS6. I am trying to add a page with a membership form that inputs fields to a database.
I have set up a local test server(using xampp) that has worked. Ie the form accepts the data and passes it through to the database.
However, when I put the form and files to the Remote Server and try to access the membership entry form page (www.friendsofchopin.org.au/mem_form.php) I get the following error:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'chopinau_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/chopinau/public_html/Connections/memconn.php on line 9

Fatal error: Access denied for user 'chopinau_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/chopinau/public_html/Connections/memconn.php on line 9

Code is:
<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_memconn = "localhost";
$database_memconn = "chopinau_membership";
$username_memconn = "chopinau_admin";
$password_memconn = "xxxxxxxxxx";
$memconn = mysql_pconnect($hostname_memconn, $username_memconn, $password_memconn) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2013 08:17AM by Ben James.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Help: Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user
August 05, 2013 05:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.