MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

PHP script continues to return data from table that phpmyadmin says is empty
Posted by: Doug McConnaughhay
Date: March 05, 2017 10:41PM

In phpmyadmin I created a table called 'users'. Then I inserted two users into it (again using phpmyadmin). Then I created a php script that pulls the users from this table and shows them as options in a drop down menu in a form. The php script is showing these two users in the drop down menu correctly.

The strange thing though is that now phpmyadmin shows the 'users' table is empty when I go to the Browse tab. And if I take the same query from the php script that pulls the data from the users table to populate the drop down menu, and run that same query on the users table in phpmyadmin, it returns no rows. And if I export the users table, it doesnt export any rows.

But the script continues to show the two users in the drop down menu even after multiple refreshes, and in multiple browsers. I had only been using chrome while developing the script and hadnt loaded the script in any other browser before this issue so it doesnt seem to be a caching issue.

So I'm confused how the script is able to continue to return the users in the drop down menu when phpmyadmin seems to show that the users table is empty.

And if the users table is empty, I am confused how the data could have been lost but thats a separate issue I can look into later. I'm hoping that since the php script is returning the data still, that the data is still there and that its an issue with phpmyadmin being confused but wanted to get thoughts from the community as this is a really strange situation.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.