MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: PHP Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Access denied for user
Posted by: Louis at oracle
Date: March 29, 2023 07:43AM

I did fix the issue, however I did a lot and I am not sure what in the end fixed the problem. A couple of observations:

- I did use a database created a couple of years ago on a windows machine.
- In php the were a couple of passwords related to that DB, which did not comply with the actual default mysql pw-requirements, that did cause me trouble. I now know that you can change those requirements. The actual requirements can be made visible via
>mysql use mysql
>mysql SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'validate_password%';
And can be changed using e.g.
>mysql SET GLOBAL validate_password.special_char_count = 0;
-At the end I did change the passwords to something compliant with the actual default, and modified the settings back to the defaults
- I have a strong feeling, that user management and certainly the root user management via the workbench gui is not ... not 100%
- I had to change user settings via the command line of the DB-computer to make things work, changing via the workbench gui, did not do the job!
- After fixing the connection, the DB was accessible. However some tables and especially views were not!
- A very obvious, but unexpected reason for that was that the view definer ..... was not known on the new db-machine. To fix that, I had to edit all views changing the definer to a user know on the new machine
- and yet there were some sql statements which did need little tuning, since the syntax checker is more 'precise' then the one couple of versions back,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: PHP Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Access denied for user
March 29, 2023 07:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.