MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: How do you call a stored procedure from PHP ...
Posted by: Paul Pikowsky
Date: March 02, 2006 02:39PM

My basic mission was to initiate some kind of Stored Procedure call from PHP and not return a record set at all. I had given up on that, but I realized that I could create a temporary table to call the normal way from PHP. Using the code explained here, I am able to get my desired results.

As an experiment, I've tried using the call procedure in a mysql_query and using the results the usual way by using it in a mysql_fetch_assc(). It seems like I can do it one place but not another and I have not been able to completely sort out why. I have been constantly re-editing and calling a page to test my code, and for example I get,

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Resource id #4' at line 1"

'Resource id #4' is not my SQL.

But, I made a brand new page with some test code trying to use the results of a call procedure like a record set from mysql_query and it works.

The bottom line, I'm sure, is that mysqli is the prefered route. But, despite selling their site as PHP 5 and MySQL 5 capable, my host has decided they will not enable mysqli.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.