MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

Replicating Data From SQLServer 2K to MySQL
Posted by: Tom Cole
Date: January 05, 2005 01:52PM

I have a SQL Server 2000 setup at work that powers my ERP/CRM systems.

I also have a MySQL powered website that is hosted by a Tomcat ISP out of Georgia.

My network (the one with SS2K) is connected to the internet via a non-routable T1 connection. This means I can browse the internet and pull data, but there is no push so outside computers cannot request data from me. Therefore my website cannot retrieve data from my SS2K databases. That's okay, I'm no security guru and that sounds like a security nightmare waiting to happen.

What I want to do is replicate 6 tables from SS2K to tables in my MySQL schema on the ISP's server. I would also like to have INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE triggers on the SS2K tables that will perform corresponding data changes on the MySQL box. If I cannot do that, a nightly 'Synchronization' would be adequate.

Question 1: Is this possible, or is this even a good idea? These tables are order status tables from our CRM software (running on SS2K) that I want to make available to customers/vendors on our website.

Question 2: These tables contain less than 20K rows each with approximately 20 columns of varchar data. Any idea how long a replication like that would take over a T1 line?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Replicating Data From SQLServer 2K to MySQL
January 05, 2005 01:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.