MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

Can't connect to MS-SQL Server
Posted by: Fred Nelson
Date: October 05, 2005 06:05PM

Hi:

I'm a newby!

I'm trying to convert a database from MS-SQL to MySql. I am having problems connecting to the MS-SQL database.

I have tired accessing an MS-SQL server on my machine and also over the network with the same results.

When I'm specifying the "source database" I press the browse button for the database and I get the following error:

+++++++
Fetching of list failed

Network error IOException: Connection Refused: Connection
+++++++

If I just enter the name of the database and continue I get a much bigger error that several others have listed in this forum.

One post said to install the jtds package from jtds.sourceforge.net. I have downloaded this however there are no instructions included with it that make sense to me - actually I'll past the instructions here:

+++++
"Just drop the jar file into your application's classpath and you're done"
+++++

Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track - and if so how to I install the jtds program - where does the "jar file" go on a Windows XP system?

Thanks very much for your help!

Fred

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't connect to MS-SQL Server
October 05, 2005 06:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.