MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

Transfer the data from the remote MySQL Database to SQL Server Database
Posted by: Chrisy Z
Date: June 03, 2013 05:18AM

I have 2 environments:

(A) Client environment: An application that reads and writes real-time data into MySQL Database sitting on Linux environment at client site, and
(B) In house environment: MySQL Database sitting on Linux environment at our company site.

There are multiple (A)s, since we have mutiple clients. But we have only one (B) that is used as the central or master database to synchronize with all the client databases.

Here are our needs:

(1). (A) and (B) databases are supposed to be in synch all the time.
(2). Any new data or data change in any client environment needs to be transfered to (B) at real time.

(A) and (B) are connected via internet, and they are not within the same LAN.
Currently (2) is implemented this way: Any new data or data change in a client environment is written to an XML file,
which is then compressed and transmitted through JMS to where (B) is located. Then a Java program picks up these files,
uncompress and parse them and translated to the corresponding SQL action that is executed on MySQL Databse in (B).

I am looking for a better and faster way to synch the real time data - 2 way synch - between a remote MySQL database and my local SQL Server Database.

For example, one of the options is to replace (B) with SQL Server 2008 or 2012 sitting on Windows environment, and then use SSIS to transfer the data.

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Thank you very much for your input, suggestion, recommendation, or pointer.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Transfer the data from the remote MySQL Database to SQL Server Database
June 03, 2013 05:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.