MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

Migrating from MS SQL Server
Posted by: Dan Lojko
Date: December 03, 2016 12:11PM

I just started with SQL server to look at a database .bak file we had at work.

I am running SQL Server Management Studio 2016 ver 13.0.16000.28.

I imported successfully and can even run queries successfully to see the data using Windows Authentication.

I am looking to print the results of the queries on a webpage. I started using Visual Studio, but I have successfully built websites, displaying data from queries, using HTML, MySQL and PHP so I thought why not migrate to MySQL.

Using Workbench I get an error that the login was not successful. With this error:

"Could not connect to Source DBMS, [2800][Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'ENVERSOLAR\dlojko',(18456)(SQLDriverConnect); [2800][Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'ENVERSOLAR\dlojko'(18456)

ODBC connection string: DRIVER={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};SERVER=IT-Manager;DATA...\dlojko;PWD{<your password>};"

So I tried other users to no avail and even tried "Driver 11" and it did not work. I don't understand why it is not seeing my password. I leave the password blank and Test Connection, then it demands that I click the box "Save the Password in vault" before it proceeds and throws the error. I have even gone as far as not testing the connection and just moving forward with the wizard and then it throws the same error in the end.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Migrating from MS SQL Server
December 03, 2016 12:11PM
December 08, 2016 06:52PM
December 09, 2016 05:20PM
December 12, 2016 06:46PM
December 13, 2016 11:20AM
December 16, 2016 11:57AM
December 16, 2016 03:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.