MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

Re: Taking screenshots of the procedure... Re: Are those the tools I should be using?
Posted by: Frédéric Jeanbart
Date: November 27, 2004 11:34AM

Hello,

The "tool" you mentioned (which is actually a MSSQL tutorial) is ok, here is a shortcut: from the administrator window (shown in your tutorial), right click a database, and then select "export", the DTS wizard will appear. Thenafter just follow the simple dialog boxes. Choose sql file as the export file, or better, FRM/MYD file (if it is possible to export this type from the MSSQL DTS AND you use DBACentral as an administrative tool for MySQL).

If you use DBACentral from microOLAP, you will be able to restore both types (sql files or FRM/MYD files). If you use MySQL Administrator (a tool provided by MySQL AB), you will be able to restore only sql files. Personally, I would suggest that you export an sql file from the MSSQL DTS and then restore it using MySQL Administrator. The fact is that an sql file is a simple text file, thus all you will *maybe* have to make sure is that the windows text format is transfered into unix text format after the backup process from MSSQL and before the restore process from MySQL Administrator.

Hope this to be of some help for you, and good luck!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Taking screenshots of the procedure... Re: Are those the tools I should be using?
November 27, 2004 11:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.