MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

MSSQL to MySQL source selection failure
Posted by: Cynthia Sidlauskas
Date: November 04, 2020 04:07PM

Hello,

I've been trying to work through this for about 2 days now, and I've tried everything.
I'm trying to get my MSSQL database to migrate to MySQL. I have created a ODBC Data Source using the windows ODBC Administrator. And the connection is successful. However, when i go into the Migration wizard, I select Start Migration and I change the Database System under Source Selection to Microsoft SQL Server. Instantly after changing it to Microsoft SQL Server, an error message pops up saying:

"An error occurred while retrieving values for option DSN from MssqlOdbcDSN - error calling Python module function DbMssqlIRE.getDataSourceNames"

This error pops up instantly upon making the database system Microsoft SQL Server, without even setting up the Connection Method. I don't understand whats going on here. It seems i'm the only one who has had this issue since a few hundred google searches revealed nothing. I tried recreating my database. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling mySql. It's up to date.

Please help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MSSQL to MySQL source selection failure
November 04, 2020 04:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.