MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

Re: SQL Server to MySql
Posted by: Dinangkur Kundu
Date: December 27, 2004 11:16PM

Hi,

As I've similar problem but approach is different. I just need to know how i can complete the process, technical thingy i can handle. I've a software in remote site with VB6 and SQL server 2000. They have internet connection but it's expensive(Bangladesh), so they use dial-up to send e-mails from there. But the owner of the factory lives in Canada. He wants me to create a dynamic webpage which will contain same database and php will help to generate reports from online mysql. So, he will be able to see reports everyday. Now site PC will go online after 10 pm and update new data to online mysql sever. How can I do that.

If I dump all entered data for everyday in ascii file in a csv format and then send the csv to web server through ftp, after transfer the file. From website owner will click a button which will contain a function to import data from that csv file to mysql server.

Is there any good option, please help.

-Dinangkur Kundu
IT Service Developer

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
December 21, 2004 05:45AM
December 22, 2004 03:52AM
December 22, 2004 01:53PM
December 29, 2004 01:33PM
December 26, 2004 11:12PM
Re: SQL Server to MySql
December 27, 2004 11:16PM
December 27, 2004 11:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.