MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Oracle

Hey, this conversion is going well.
Posted by: Shabbir Safdar
Date: August 19, 2004 02:28PM

I'm converting an Oracle 9i application to use MySQL 5.0 (alpha). It's going fairly well. I've had to use InnoDB table to get the transaction features that we used in Oracle, no big deal. I only had one Oracle Sequence that didn't translate well into an Autoincrement, but I worked around that.

What's catching me is the Stored Procedure features of MySQL 5.0. The support is there, and it's actually more fleshed out than I expected; the MySQL developers have done a great job. I'm also happy that my Oracle developers didn't put too much in the way of Oracle-isms into the SP's, which makes it easy to convert.

The one place I'm having a problem is with CURSORs, though.

I need to declare a cursor, process the results, and then declare a second cursor to do something with those results. The problem I'm having is that I seem to get an error if I have any sort of non-DECLARE statement before a DECLARE CURSOR statement. Is this a limitation or am I missing something obvious? Can I declare my variables, my first cursor, execute some statements, and then declare a second cursor?

-Shabbir

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Hey, this conversion is going well.
August 19, 2004 02:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.