MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Sybase

Getting updated rowcount in Powerbuilder
Posted by: Shawn Pleska
Date: August 16, 2009 12:13PM

I'm issuing an embedded update in my code and I need to be sure the proper number of rows have been updated. Using the transaction management variable SQLNRows, when updating to Sybase ASE I used to be able to check this value for the update rowcount. For instance, if 1 row was updated, the value would be 1. If no rows were updated, the value would be zero. In my transition to MySQL, I've noticed that the same result is not being returned. For instance, in my testing I've learned that when the embedded update causes no rows to be updated, the value in SQLNRows is 1 when my code expects the value to be zero. That of course causes BIG problems. It seems to me like a success/failure code is being returned in SQLNRows rather than an update rowcount.

Is there a configuration setting or a database parameter that would make the value returned to Powerbuilder from MySQL in the SQLNRows transaction variable be the number of rows updated?

Thanks,
Shawn

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Getting updated rowcount in Powerbuilder
August 16, 2009 12:13PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.