MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Slow Access Queries
Posted by: Josh C
Date: August 31, 2005 03:51PM

Querying any information via the my linked MySQL tables seems to be slower than I had hoped in Access. I am looking into migrating to MySQL from Access, while keeping the same Access front end. Surprisingly my original access database queries quicker when it comes to forms and reports. Was I mistaken in believing that MySQL would fetch data quicker through the linked tables?

Basically what I have running is a server with the access database holding information. From there there is a seperate client access database (I'm using Access 97) with linked databases going back to the server. I'm hoping to replace the server database with MySQL. I've been using MySQL 5.0.10a and MyODBC 3.51.11-2. Both the server and client PCs are running WinXP. My ODBC is set with the options of Don't Optimize Column Width, Return Matching Rows, Allow Big Results, and Use Compressed Protocol. I do have the latest MS Jet and MDAC installed.

If anyone might have any suggests I would greatly appreciate them. I've read through several of the posts of this forum about speed issues, and while mine isn't horribly slow, it does seem that it should be quicker than it is.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Slow Access Queries
August 31, 2005 03:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.