MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Software interface for Access>MySQL (Not MySQL-Front)?
Posted by: stuart
Date: September 14, 2005 08:33AM

Hi,

I need to port some databases from MS Access to MySQL for driving several websites. I know there are various conversion tools out there but I was hoping to get something that could convert between Access and MySQL as well as providing a front end for day to day database maintenance. MySQL-Front seemed like the solution but it has serious issues when importing from Access such as field properties being lost and conflicts with field names in different tables. I and at least one other person have posted on the MySQL-Front forums about this only to be told by the site admin that there are no such problems and we're doing something wrong (they didn't put it just as politely as that!). When I clarified the problem, emphasising that it was not a user error, and asked them if they could address the question rather than just insulting me my posts were deleted and I was banned from the forum!

So, low marks for customer support to MySQL-Front!

Anyway, I still need some software for this job - any recommendations?

Thanks. :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Software interface for Access>MySQL (Not MySQL-Front)?
September 14, 2005 08:33AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.