MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

can't import /export tables from MYSQL to Access
Posted by: Markus Zimmermann
Date: October 20, 2005 07:12AM

I have tried to run MSAccess and MYSQL on the same Comuter, but nothing is working.

I wanted to import a table from MYSQL to MSAccess using by menue "File¦ external Datas¦ import¦ ODBCdatabases()¦ Maschine Data source¦ mydriver-alias¦ then OK", but nothing happens, not even any access- or Error-Message either

My Config:

win2000 SP4 , MySQL 3.23.54, Access 2000. mysql-ODBC-driver 3.51 for ms access

Other Applications on the same Computer (f.E. PHP-Scripts) or the Admin-Tool "MYSQL-Control-center" are running with no problems.

By my Admin-Tool "MYSQL-Control-center" I created a Account "user@localhost" with "all privileges" for "the whole database and Tables"

My preparation for Access:

=> Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8 SP1 installed
=> mysql-ODBC-driver 3.51 from mysql.com downloaded + installed with Parameters:
- don't optimize column width
- return matching rows
- connect with "user@localhost" and connection tested by using the "Test-Button"
- debug-Logfiles for Accesses an errors defined
=> with "Windows ODBC Data source administrator" (w2k-admin) in the Register "user dsn" an Alias "mydriver-alias" configured

funny, no any logfile has been created during the import-procedure. It seemds to me that the mysql-ODBC-driver 3.51 got no calls from MSAccess.

New installing of MsAccess brought no success.

Does anyone have an Idea ?

thanx a lot

Markus

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
can't import /export tables from MYSQL to Access
October 20, 2005 07:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.