MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

query questions
Posted by: bob lambert
Date: November 02, 2004 08:03PM

Hi

I could use some help w/ the following. Converting an MS Access db to Mysql. Have converted the backend, but still trying to connect with existing MS Access front end (updating as I go). 2 problems (at least). Introducing ADODB.

Can someone tell me how I would use adodb recordsets to populate form controls. I use a lot of parameter queries to populate form controls, where parameters for the form control come from other form controls. Not sure how to do this.

Another problem - in code I use recordsets which are created from joins of tables and other query's (stored procedures to say it technically I guess). How do I create a recordset using adodb that is selecting records from another query ?

Ok, 3 Q's, the third is a corollary to the 2nd. If I want to perform find on a recordset and The recordset is based on a query, does anybody know how to do this using the multifind solution offered by microsoft found at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;245408

my understanding is the sql prefix statement should look like :

MFind.SQLPrefix = "SELECT * FROM TestFind WHERE"

but if TestFind is really a recordset or a stored query, then how do I do it ?'

Thanks
bob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
query questions
November 02, 2004 08:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.