MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

tables not seen when using odbc to connect access as front end to mysql backend
Posted by: S Narayanan
Date: June 03, 2012 05:29AM

I am working on mysql for the first time ever, and have sometimes used access 2007.

I have created an Access 2007 database, which is basically for inputting enquiries from clients, and quotations for the same from suppliers.

I want to convert my back end to mysql, since this way i can have people in diff cities inputing their enqiuiries and quotes. I would like to however retain Access 2007 frontend, so that i can run my access queries and reports without having to redo the whole thing.

I have been able to convert the backend into mysql, and have been able to upload it to my website database. I now need to have access forms on the individual computers of my colleagues in diff cities, for them to be able to input the data.

I tried to link the mysql databse saved on my computer (as a trial), to the front end on my computer. The Mysql ODBC 5.1 Driver is installed, and I selected the datasource as the file name. In the database field, i get only 2 options i.e. test and information_schema.

when i select test, the connection is confirmed.

Then when i try to get external data (ODBC files).....i am able to see the file on the machine data source....but when i click it, there are no tables seen.

what am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way to connect my access front end to the mysql database on my website?

Pl help

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
tables not seen when using odbc to connect access as front end to mysql backend
June 03, 2012 05:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.