MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Data Issue-Urgent
Posted by: Usha Cheemakurthi
Date: April 25, 2007 09:03AM

I am working on a windows XP where I have MySql database installed.I created two databases (intestine_data, xinyuan_data). My machine acts as a server. In the lab we have a common back up folder where we put all our data(this is accessible to everyone in the lab from their own machines).

So, to have a back up of the database, I have copied the folder "data" which has the databases in mysql folder onto the common back up folder.

Now,I went to an other machine and installed the mysql database program. I copied the databases from data folder (from common backup) and pasted them in the data folder of mysql on this new machine.

I tried to open the databases from the mysql command prompt on this new machine. It gave me an error and said that there is no such data available.

Could you please tell me how I can access the data. Is this the correct way that I am approaching.

Your response is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Usha

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Data Issue-Urgent
April 25, 2007 09:03AM
August 17, 2007 10:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.