MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

MS Access to MySQL truncation problem
Posted by: Derr Gill
Date: January 31, 2009 10:08AM

Hello,

I am trying to use some third party software (Bullzip) to convert my MS Access database to a .sql file I can load into MySQL from the Windows command prompt.

Thusfar the main problem I am having is related to collation and character sets. I want the MySQL db to be unicode, and the MS Access db is latin1. So I get an error 1366 when I try to import the file, unless I turn off strict mode.

However, when I disable strict mode, though I get no errors during the import, when I go back and look at the new tables in the MySQL database, any text that follows a special European character (for an A with an accent over it), that character and everything else following it in that field for that record is truncated.

How can I make MySQL accept the latin1 db without any truncation, and still have the final result be unicode?

Thank you for any help

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MS Access to MySQL truncation problem
January 31, 2009 10:08AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.