MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Encoding problem
Posted by: Nikos - Vasilis Merianos
Date: December 04, 2010 10:03AM

Hello. I have a problem to migrate a MySQL database from the Server "A" to Server "B"

I have try to get the mysql data from the server "A" with several methods. The one is to get the backup file from with in the CPanel backup section. This method return back an *.sql file. The other method is by using the phpMyAdmin to extract the database records as it does, and also in this way I get an SQL file.

The broblem now. In Server "A" I don't know what is the database/table/column encoding, and the data that I get back are wrong.

What I mean, the site that uses this data is a Wordpress web site, on runtime the data are all readable by the end user, but on backup files are encoded in some way that I don't recognize.

Here is an example of data in my sql files

Η Ελληνική Κοινότητα του Wordpress στο Twitter

The above is a code in *.sql file that I get from the server. Any idea on how to get the correct encoding ?

Kind regards
Merianos Nikos

http://www.web-resources.eu

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Encoding problem
December 04, 2010 10:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.