MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Stored Procedure "stuck"
Posted by: Chris Madden
Date: May 05, 2016 12:36PM

I've got a problem on an embedded appliance running an older version of MySQL(5.1.73).

I have a number of stored procedures that simply disappeared. I assume this was due to an end-user manually messing with the database, but the end result was that to get them out of the ditch, I was attempting to re-add the stored procedures manually.

However...

When I attempt to create one (any) of the missing SPs, it comes back and says that it already exists. However, it doesn't appear in ROUTINES in the INFORMATION_SCHEMA db. And sure enough, when I attempt to drop it via DROP PROCEDURE, it tells me that it doesn't exist.

I can create other stored procedures just fine, but any with the name in question, it reports that the name exists...

There don't appear to be any entries in any logfiles, just silence.

It kind of looks like a Schrodinger's Stored Procedure, where it exists (and not) at the same time. Any insight or tips would be greatly appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Stored Procedure "stuck"
May 05, 2016 12:36PM
May 05, 2016 12:50PM
May 05, 2016 02:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.