MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Triggers

Re: Feature request: transaction id visible to a trigger
Posted by: Frank McGeough
Date: August 28, 2005 09:20AM

If we're taking votes then I'd like that too :-) but I don't have a solution for you. I had asked about this previously and have searched the doc and haven't found it either. A unique transaction id allows triggers to fire on multiple operations across a transaction and do something that provides some business value. This is available on Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and Sybase SQL Anywhere (sort of - its not really multi-user safe but SQL Anywhere is not used extensively in a multi-user system). Its not available in DB2 (any version including mainframes and AS/400 that I've tried) or Sybase Enterprise server. I think it might be possible in Postgres but I haven't researched it enough. Each of the databases that does provide a unqiue identifier provides it in a different way - there isn't a standard for providing this info AFAIK. By the way, the bug report page shows up blank for me as well.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Feature request: transaction id visible to a trigger
August 28, 2005 09:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.