saving 'url_encode' with no modifications
Posted by: Jairo Supelano
Date: June 16, 2012 07:43PM

hi, i am using php with mysql, and for security reasons, i save all strings as 'urlencode', wich among other things, converts quotes, double quotes (which are string end chars) and basically all that is not a letter or a number into url encode, or a '%' followed by a number. i expect it to save messages written in spanish, so chars like á, ñ, é and others, are parsed by the url encode. there are some scape functions included in php to make a string 'database safe', which works more or less the same (escape end of string chars and other stuff), but most of my code has urlencodes everywhere (so if your answer is 'use those functions, please dont'). when i store the string, urlencoded into the databse, and then retrieve it, i dont find the same symbols i stored, for example, if i store an 'ñ', what i get after i save it and then read it, is a sequence of werid chars, for example, in 'españa', what i get is españa. for a previos project i made a replace function, but i find it like cutting corners, so how do i store my &## and retrieve the same %## i save? somebody told me i should check the definition of the table, what definition should i use? (i use the default engines when declaring tables, since i do not specify a particular engine)
tnx

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
saving 'url_encode' with no modifications
June 16, 2012 07:43PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.