MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

Trying to work C++ Connector x64 with Visual Studio 2010
Posted by: Christopher Rohlfs
Date: May 31, 2012 11:55AM

Dear MySQLers,

I've recently installed MySQL C++ Connector, and I'm running into problems once I actually try to make a connection. I would very much appreciate hearing any thoughts that people have about what's going wrong.

I've installed MySQL Server 5.5 (x64) and MySQL C++ Connector 1.1.0 (x64), both using the MSI. I'm running on Windows 7 (x64). I'm using Visual Studio 2010 with the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK1), so that I can process in 64-bit mode (I was getting lots of bugs in 32-bit mode). I'm running Visual Studio as an Administrator.

I'm currently trying to run some very simple programs, such as these two examples from the MySQL website:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-cpp-examples-complete-example-1.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-cpp-examples-complete-example-2.html

The only modification I've made to these programs is that, before any of the headers, I've inserted the following line:
#define CPPCONN_DONT_TYPEDEF_MS_TYPES_TO_C99_TYPES 1;

Also, in Properties -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Preprocessor -> Preprocessor Definitions, I have entered CPPCONN_PUBLIC_FUNC=

When I try to run the example programs, I encounter some exceptions that I don't understand. For example 1, the program stops at the connect command and reports:

First-chance exception at 0x000007fefde3cacd (KernelBase.dll) in SQLTest.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: sql::SQLException at memory location 0x002be1b0..
First-chance exception at 0x5583fcf4 (msvcp100.dll) in SQLTest.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000030.

In the console, the error message I get is:
# ERR: SQLException in <filename> on line 51 <note-- this is a line in the catch statement and not in the try section>
# ERR: Access denied for user '"C:\Users\Chris\'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (MySQL error code: 4391472, SQLState

Visual Studio also opens up the following file:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\crt\src\streambuf"

and it points to the "overflow" line from the following code in streambuf:

virtual streamsize __CLR_OR_THIS_CALL xsputn(const _Elem *_Ptr,
streamsize _Count)
{ // put _Count characters to stream
streamsize _Size, _Copied;

for (_Copied = 0; 0 < _Count; )
if (0 < (_Size = _Pnavail()))
{ // copy to write buffer
if (_Count < _Size)
_Size = _Count;
_Traits::copy(pptr(), _Ptr, (size_t)_Size);
_Ptr += _Size;
_Copied += _Size;
_Count -= _Size;
pbump((int)_Size);
}
else if (_Traits::eq_int_type(_Traits::eof(),
overflow(_Traits::to_int_type(*_Ptr))))
break; // single character put failed, quit
else
{ // count character successfully put
++_Ptr;
++_Copied;
--_Count;
}

return (_Copied);
}

When I try running example 2, I get basically the same result, but instead of access denied, it says:

# ERR: Unknown MySQL server host '<happy face icon>' (0)
MySQL error code: 983600
(another run returned MySQL error code: 3998256).

The problems are coming up anytime I try to call the connect() function. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong or how I could tweak things to get C++ Connector to work?

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
Chris

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.