MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: connecting to the database over a network
Posted by: Evelyn Fassett
Date: January 21, 2005 12:23PM

I am having almost this same problem. I purchased a product that is based on mysql. It is set up to run on one computer. I am trying to be able to install it on computer A and then access the database from computer B across the network. I found there is a my.ini file that gives a path to the database. I have modified that, and I noticed that during startup the mysql admin said it couldn't find that database and so defaulted to the C drive. To me it seems like it shouldn't be such a hard thing to do. What am I missing? You mention setting the host IP addr, etc. For us who have never used MYSQL it would help to tell how to set that. I have a tool called WinMySQLAdmin1.4 and I have Mysql control center. I haven't come across commands to do what I think I need to do. I have done some db programming using Informix and Ingres products and so am not a stranger to the concepts.. just need specifics for this product. Maybe what would help me would help the originator of this post.

Thanks,
Evelyn

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.