MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

mysql_upgrade For Dummies
Posted by: A. Zeller
Date: March 23, 2017 05:13AM

I use Kubuntu 16.04, in the background works Akonadi and MySQL. Unfortunately I know nearly nothing about MySQL not even how to look up the version. And I didn't found help at Ubuntuusers.de and kde.org.

My Problem: after an update, the PIM Kontact (Kalendar, KAddressbook, Kmail) doesn't work any more.

The Akonadi self test shows MySQL Errors:

2017-03-04T19:25:22.667213Z 0 [ERROR] unknown variable 'innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=1M'

So I removed the variable 'innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=1M' from ~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf and tried akonadictl status and akonadictl start. There are several Errors like:

error : Table rebuild required. Please do "ALTER TABLE `pimitemtable` FORCE" or dump/reload to fix it!
error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `event`" or dump/reload to fix it!
Note : TIME/TIMESTAMP/DATETIME columns of old format have been upgraded to the new format.
Warning : Incorrect datetime value: '0000-00-00 00:00:00' for column 'modified' at row 1
Error : Invalid default value for 'modified'
Note : TIME/TIMESTAMP/DATETIME columns of old format have been upgraded to the new format.
Warning : Incorrect datetime value: '0000-00-00 00:00:00' for column 'modified' at row 1
Error : Invalid default value for 'modified'
Failed to ALTER TABLE `akonadi`.`pimitemtable` FORCE
Error: Invalid default value for 'atime'
Sql error: Invalid default value for 'atime' QMYSQL: Unable to execute query

So I looked up ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err. There I found several times "Please use mysql_upgrade to fix this error."

How do I do mysql_upgrade?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
mysql_upgrade For Dummies
March 23, 2017 05:13AM
March 24, 2017 05:58AM
April 11, 2017 08:50AM
April 12, 2017 05:32AM
April 25, 2017 10:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.