MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

I need A LOT of help!!!! please help me, with...everything!!!!
Posted by: April Bowler
Date: February 26, 2005 10:21AM

Ok I have been wanting to get MySQL for a long time w/o really having any knownlegde of what it does. So I finally downloaded it and I am trying to have the Coppermine Photoalbum on my site along with the enthusiast fanlisting or whatever. I downloaded both of those and they both said I need PHP so I got that. And some where I saw that I need Apache and I got that as well, now it is 11:16 am where I am and I haven't gone to sleep yet! I have all these zip. files and have NO clue what to do with them! I don't kow if anybody is really able to help me, so I wil try to get into more detail. I THINK I installed the MySQL 4.1 for Windows off of the MySQL website. and I choose any old mirror (I don't really know what they are). And when I installed it in my computer I have....'Start'--'All Programs'--'MySQL'--'My SQL Server 4.1'--and then 3 choices--'MySQL Comman Line Client', 'MySQL Manual-Table of Contents', and 'My SQL Server Instance Config Wizard.' I have opened them all. And the config widard is pretty self explanatory, I got that, and the Table of Contents is just like a FAQ but doesn't really help me cuz I don't know what it's talking about. And I have NO CLUE what the Line Client is.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.

P.S. After I was done installing MySQL it said that it was suppose to start the service right away, but I don't think it ever did. Maybe thats my problem.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
I need A LOT of help!!!! please help me, with...everything!!!!
February 26, 2005 10:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.