MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Two MySQL Server sharing one database (ibdata1) on SAN storage (GFS)
Posted by: anindya roy
Date: February 08, 2017 10:49PM

I would like to point out the following

>If all you're doing is pulling the data and displaying it, why not use the original database? MySQL is quite good at supporting that. (P Ward)

Two servers (one for storing and other for displaying) are on two different LAN which are completely ISOLATED (means physically also) and the only possible way to pulling data from one network to another to keep data on SAN, which is shared between two networks. Hence a MySQL instance on one network will not be visible to other network.

I hope I can clear my point.

>Even if you could run MySQl in this fashion (and you can't), a commit does not flush the dirty [buffer cache] blocks to disk (MySQL uses "adaptive flushing" to optimise the required disk traffic) and so your change won't be visible to the "other" MySQL instance. (P Ward)

I have no intention to [ab]use MySQL any way. I was looking for help either on this configuration or some alternative means, which I expect, may be known to the experts.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.